i can't go into a yankee candle shop. even when i have to go into a shop that displays them i avoid it like the plague.
my little and i hold our breath and run. no joke. fragrance issues. sensitive to the point it gets us sick. abercrombie, hollister, even victoria's secret.
****, even the chemical aisle where we get our fragrance free all and downy.
(the teachers at little's school have to keep scented things away from her, kind of like how a kid with a peanut allergy can't be near peanut butter. she lives in a sharpieless school world. even when they do projects that involve the use of magazines in class, they are instructed not to open the perfume samples due to her sensitivities)
my parent's house used to be fragrant full. my mom loved that ****. thought the house should smell unnaturally perfumed up. i remember the first time i realized yankee candle ****ed me up. bc/before child my mom was burning a green colored pine tree/christmas tree candle and everytime i'd walk into or close to the room it was burning i felt dizzy and sideways. if i'd walk away, step outside in the 20 degree weather to breathe, i felt alright again.
eventually, ac/after child i got to the point i realized i couldn't visit them, but if my little really wanted to go i'd get to the house gather up all the scented things, and put them in the garage. now the house has been sold and my dad is no longer. so i don't have to do that anymore.
mcs is a *****. and i have to stop sharing my life stuffs. tmi.
back to the thread topic