Remakes movie, musical and TV
Some musical remakes:
- Hairspray a talkie that went to theater that got adapted for another movie.
-The Producers, a Nazi film turned into a musical turned into a movie
- Xanadu 1980 hit film and soundtrack turned into a current Broadway hit
- Fame 1980 poigant movie turned into a a long running TV series that was pretty well done and then a cheesy reality show a couple of years ago.
- Grease a hit Broadway Musical one of the best of all time with Adrienne Barbaeau originating the role of Rizzo, had an unseussful sequel featuring Michelle Pfiefers screen debut and then turned into a cheesy reality show, the tickets are in our Best Of Broadway Seasion tickets and the winners will be preforming
- Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore, poignant movie starring Same Time Next Years Ellen Byrnstien two years later it was a hit tv show called Alice that ran for years and very popular.
- The Cowsills TV Special> morphed into The Partidge Family with all new members and two Chris's remade into a cheesy but fun to watch reality show on VH1 a few years back
-Mash with original Hot Lips Sally Kellerman a few cast changes and a long overun series Mash with Loretta Switt as Hot Lips.
- 90210- early version which was good tv and new one which I have not seen.
- The Lord of The Rings book then animated in early seventies then made into the the epic films and a muisical.
- Planet of The Apes, various spin off movies in the early seventies followed by a short lived TV series and then remade a few years back
- Beverly Hill Billies, Good Show Eighties remake bad
-Buffy the Teenage Vampire Slayer a movie with pinup Kristy Swanson with the tv role taken by Sarah Michelle Geller-Prinze.
-On The Buses a popluar British TV show in the early seventies adapted into American semisusseful show Lotsa Luck which is also known as The Dom Deluise Show that ran a couple of seasons in the mid sevenites
- Man About The House Popular British Comedy adpated into legendary and enduring Threes Company in the USA.
-9 to 5 Dolly Parton vehicle that got to be real successful film was spun off into series starring one of Dollys many look alike sisters in her role (Dotty I think) and the rest of the original cast replaced.
- EdwardScosirhands Movie Edward Scissorhands Musical
- Whats Happening. Probably the most saddest of all TV shows in Television History. Whats Happening was an early seventies movie called Cooley High. Most of the cast members came back a year or so later to form a TV show based on the movie. It had a fairly long run, due to little competion between the three and only three networks at the time cause it was an all African American cast. It was cancelled after a very good run and went into sucessful syndication. In the mid eighties though over ten years after filiming the original movie most of the same cast returned again for Whats Happening Now!!!. It was basically the same people exept a few tweaks to sets and stuff. Most of the cast sited going back to work cause they did not make enough during the original run of series and movie that wasnt high budget. That went on for a few years in the mid eighties before being cancelled for good. Sadly alot of the cast got rooked by the second contract and were still broke. A lady lead character died a few years ago from diabetes and obesity and was broke and she was from the orginal movie almost 15 years after the orginal series ended in 1988. The movie was done in 74, the series done from 76 to 79 the revamped series from 1985 to 1988 so for all that time the What Happening people worked, an all black cast they died or are living very broke. Big exposay in one of the tabs about it.
Anyway think of any contrubitions????
Oh yeah Charlie and the Cocolate Factroy, liked the book and both films cut out a character from the book but am partial to the first one due to the touching music and my dads longtime secretary was dormates with the girl who grew into a blueberry.