What happens when a hotel throws caution to the wind?
A $17.5 million dollar lawsuit, that's what happens. At least to this hotel that decided to bypass the carbon monoxide detector on the boiler. The detector had switched off the boiler for safety reasons while staff simply bypassed it to please the hotel occupants need for hot water. The air conditioning system sucked up the carbon monoxide leaving some with illness and some with brain injury.
*this information and more can be found at bobschuster.com/casestudies/