i've been having a 10am 'popcorn party' with the 4 yr old i nanny, for her snack at that time.
we've made lots of flavors. we're putting the very 1983 air popcorn popper to use. so it comes out pretty bland, but it's fun (for the childrens) to watch the popping. i'm really into making sassy flavors, she just likes cooking, anything.
when i can eat again, i'm going to start making some of these at home and putting them in bags (they'll keep for a day or two)
so far we've done:
- parm & light olive oil
- vanilla sugar-mini-marshmallows-yellow raisins
- dried cherries-pistachio (this one was kindof bland)
- freeze dried peas-parm-light butter-salt
- dried apple & dry roasted peanuts (also kind of bland, cinnamon might help)
future flavors i'm thinking about
- warmed honey-cinnamon-yogurt raisins
- cocoa powder-hazelnut-sea salt
- pumpkin pie ****e-shredded coconut-dried apricots-pecan
- curry-brown sugar-dried apricots (?)
cinnamon- brown sugar-raisin-pecan-sea salt was on thursday... it was hells of good
can you think of more suggestions?
or a way to incorporate raw fruit or veggies into it?
dried is getting kind of limiting.
i should tumblr this ****. have a popcorn empire.
but mostly, it's just kind of twee and they taste good.